Friday, January 11, 2008

The Swedes are coming!

A couple of months ago, I was driving south on I-75 on my way to Nashville. As I got closer to Cincinnati, I saw a familiar blue and yellow building--the new Ikea that is being built. I was very excited, because I've felt the absence of Ikea in my life since I left Prague in June. I was a bit spoiled in Prague, because there were two Ikeas--one on either end of the B metro line. Since I've been home, the closest Ikea to me was in Michigan, and I never roadtripped to it. This morning as I was reading the paper and eating breakfast, I saw an article stating that the new Ikea will be opening on March 11. How exciting! Now I won't have to lug my purchases home on the metro, then tram, then 10 minute walk to my flat--I can pack them in my car and be on my way.

No comments: