Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I have ended my running hiatus (seriously, it's been 3 weeks since the NYE Resolution Run). Getting out of my warm bed to go run in the cold is very difficult. Please note it was 22 freaking degrees outside this morning. And it was dark. I should be applauded.

While running this cold, cold morning, I noticed a few things:

  • Getting out the door at 6:45 to run is way too late. I need to get up and out earlier, thus I need to go to bed earlier.
  • I need some gloves cause pulling my hands inside the sleeves of my fleece is not sufficient.
  • I need actual running gear. My Brazilian suplex pants, while awesome, are a bit long, and the oversized tech shirt I got at the Turkey Trot last year aren't cutting it. Plus I only have one pair of running socks.

All in all, it was a nice little run to get back in the habit. I'm glad I kept up with Zumba and dance classes, though, so I didn't lose any fitness during my mini-break from running.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:757 ft
Location:Dayton, OH, Elev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:01/20/10Up/Downhill:[+147/-147]
Time:07:12 AMDifficulty:2.4 / 5.0
Weather:Partly Cloudy
22 F temp; 94% humidity
22 F heat index; winds E 3 mph
Performance

Distance:2.65 miles
Time:0:26:34
Speed:6.0 mph
Pace:10' 01 /mi
Calories:289


Posted from bimactive.com

1 comment:

amber said...

Way to go! Gloves are helpful, even though I find after awhile my hands get sweaty. I actually got on the treadmill, which is a feat for me.