Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Trials of TV Programming


Michael Phelps
Originally uploaded by nataliebehring.com
This wonderful picture of Michael Phelps was taken by Natalie Behring, a photographer based in China.

He looks great, doesn't he? Well on his quest for 8 gold medals this Olympics.

Unfortunately for me, I have managed to miss all three of his races so far this Olympics. Why am I always missing the swimming? Why? I think some of it has to do with my expectations of what NBC's coverage is, and the actual reality. Take Sunday morning. I got up at the obscene hour of 6:30 in the morning to watch the US Mens soccer game against the Netherlands, because Saturday night the announcer said "Coverage starts at 6:30 tomorrow morning." The game didn't actually start until after 7, and then it wasn't on MSNBC as advertised in their info blurb. I watched Italy v South Korea on the tv and the US v Netherlands game on the internet.

No wonder I have missed Michael Phelps! I'm gonna have to research the times for the rest of the sports I want to catch (womens gymnastics - yes, badminton - no) so I will actually see them.

No comments: