Monday, October 6, 2008

Musical Weekend


Scythian 002
Originally uploaded by elizabethw
I had a very musical weekend. Friday night I met up with some friends to see Scythian, one of the headliners from the 2008 Dayton Celtic Festival. They were great this year on the big stage, playing to a massive crowd, so I wondered about their ability to translate to a smaller, more intimate crowd. I didn't need to worry, because they were great! They guys were lots of fun, interacting with the crowd both before and after their sets. They put on a very entertaining show.

Scythian 007

Saturday night I went to Covington to meet up with my sister to see her boyfriend play in the house band at a restaurant in the Main Strasse area called Dee Felice. The restaurant is New Orlean's themed, and the band plays big band and jazz music, as well as a few New Orlean's staples. My sister's boyfriend was the youngest guy in the band by at least 40 years. We had a great time listening to the band and eating great food. I had the Blackend Sea Scallops, which were wonderful and a nice glass of red wine to complement the meal.

No comments: