Monday, December 8, 2008

Vanoce

Though I'm happy to be home in the states a year and a half after leaving Prague, I miss living in Europe for a variety of reasons:


I miss Christmas markets with gift and food vendors and Svařak and Glühwein.

126_2695
Old Town Square in Prague

Dresden 060005
Dresden Christmas Market


I miss good friends and times of celebration.

June 07 006


I even miss the Christmas carp (Kapri) vendors. A tiny bit.

Christmas 2006 002

Christmas 2006 001


I'm super excited to visit Prague and my good friends in February.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm visiting in January. Too bad I'll miss you!

Mike Smith said...

Hi Elizabeth.

Your pictures brought back memories.

I know what you mean about missing Prague in December. I went on a business trip to Germany in early December and saw one of then Christmas markets there. It made me nostalgic.

Thanks for your Flickr comments on my Jordan trip. Hope you enjoy your trip back to Prague in February.

Have a lovely time at Christmas and New Year.

Mike