Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I must be crazy

Today was Day 1 on my training plan for the Capital City Half Marathon in Columbus on May 1st. This morning when I checked my Weather Channel app on my phone at 5:55 am, it said it was 26 degrees Farenheit out. I've run in colder weather, so I knew I could tough it out. The not so fun thing about running this morning was the 2 inches of snow on the ground, and the falling snow as I ran. I must be crazy.

This is my shoe after the run, complete with Yaktrak and snow. It wasn't quite the Snowpocalypse the Mid-Atlantic is getting, but we're getting a decent amount of snow here in the Midwest, with predictions of up to 10 inches by end of day tomorrow.

Crazy girl



And here are my cute "recovery" (not really, but warm socks I got on clearance from Target for $2!) socks:

Recovery socks


This snow had better not mess up my departure for Miami on Friday. I plan to ditch the snow and be cruising on the Zumba cruise starting on Saturday. I will be spoiled with all the running in the warm weather!

No comments: