- Made delicious Veggie Chili from Natalie's Killer Cuisine Blog with a couple modifications - I didn't have kidney beans so I used Great Northern and Black Beans and I used both cans in their entirety. It was so yummy!
- I brought my lunch to work every day. If I didn't cook something, I had a couple of frozen lean cuisines for when I was in a pinch, which I was this week.
- I have only had meat once a day (I think this has been a great success).
- I've been using an app on my iPod to track my food. (This works well, but can be frustrating when I'm trying to enter food that is homemade and can't find the appropriate/corresponding food in the app. I am much more conscious of what I am eating and the portion size, though.)
- I have successfully not had any soda since 1 January. I don't miss it, really. I drink coffee and/or tea and have been upping my water intake.
All of this has resulted in a 4 pound weight loss, bringing my total to 47 pounds lost in 2 years. Like the tortoise, I'm slowly but surely winning the race!
It takes 21 days to form a habit - I'm hoping this 10 in 10 challenge helps me to form healthy new lifestyle habits!