Saturday, April 17, 2010

Getting ready for the big day!

Last weekend I did my longest run yet - 11 miles. It was a gorgeous day, perfect running weather. My dad (on his bike) and I started at the Second Street Market and ran on the Great Miami River Recreational Trail from downtown Dayton to Moraine and back. It was really beautiful and scenic. I saw the usual fauna - geese galore and some mallard duck pairs, which was interesting. The geese must nesting b/c they were very territorial and hissed at us as we passed them on the path.


Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:Dayton, OH, Elev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:04/10/10Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:10:47 AMDifficulty:0 / 5.0
Weather:Sunny
51 F temp; 50% humidity
51 F heat index; winds S 9 mph
Performance

Distance: 11.03 miles

Time:1:47:47
Speed:6.1 mph

Pace:9' 46 /mi

Calories:1163

Map

Posted from bimactive.com



I had my phone in my new SPIbelt that I picked up at Up and Running a couple of weeks ago. I love this belt. It is small and inconspicuous and it doesn't bounce. I had to tweak the positioning before I found the perfect spot on my hip for it. Plus, it has a stripe of hot pink around the zipper which is very cute! I also stuck some money and a package of lemon-lime Sport Beans in the belt - very handy. I'm not sure about the sport beans. I liked the fact that they are jelly beans (I have an addiction to the Starburst ones at Easter) but they tasted like a bit like Gatorade and made my mouth pucker a bit. The week before, I tried Luna's Moon chews on my long run. I bought two flavors, watermelon and blueberry. I didn't care for the watermelon flavor during my long run, but I tried the blueberry later on that week during one of my training runs and I enjoyed those much more. The flavor was very close to that of actual blueberries and not artificial at all. I think for the Capital City Half, though, I will stick with Sharkies. I think my belt should be able to fit my Blackberry, camera, and Sharkies packet, right?

I ended last weeks long run with some knee pain and have taken it easy this week, skipping my long run today on the advice of my chiropractor. He says I should be ok for the race on May 1st. I hope so - I would hate to do all this training and then have to skip the race! Tomorrow I'm participating in Live Earth's Run for Water 6k in Cincinnati. I'm gonna take it slow, easing my way back into things.

No comments: