Sunday, April 11, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't forgotten about this blog, though it may seem like it. The Capital City Half Marathon is three weeks away, and I've been training for it. I took a couple of days off last week because I felt worn down - I haven't really changed my other exercise habits, just added the training runs on top of the Zumba classes, lifting, and dance classes; and I'm a little afraid of over training.

Last Saturday, I ran 10 miles. I started off from home, ran to Riverscape metropark, followed the Mad River Recreational Trail to Eastwood Metropark, looped back to Riverscape, and ended at the Second Street Market for breakfast. Yesterday I did 11 miles and started at the Second Street Market. I ran the opposite direction from last week, on the Great Miami River Recreational Trail past the University of Dayton and Carrillon Park, out of the city of Dayton, and into Moraine. I returned the way I came to end up at the market for another yummy breakfast. It's a nice pattern to end the long run with an omelette. I slipped in some mud leftover from rain last week and have managed to end up with a sore knee. I took today off and I'm hoping it's back up to par tomorrow, as I have to teach 2 dance classes. Today was very nice: I spent most of the day with friends at STUDIO Zumba Fitness helping out during an event and ended the night with my girlfriends eating dinner at The Melting Pot. It doesn't get much better than cheese and chocolate fondues!

No comments: