Monday, April 26, 2010

Free Your Sole 5K & 10K


Yesterday was my last big run before the half marathon on Saturday. I ran the 10K for the "Free Your Sole 5K 10K" race at Woodland Cemetary. It was a very hilly course and challenging, but it felt good to push myself after taking some time off the last two weeks to rest my knee.

The volunteers were super nice at the water stations, and everyone cheered as you came to the finish line (the 10K was the same course as the 5K, you just looped through again, so I got cheers two times). The friends and family members who were watching their friends and loved ones were very encouraging to the runners, even if they didn't know them. This was so nice.

This week I have a 5 mile run on Wednesday, bookended by 3 mile runs on Tues/Thurs, and then the half on Saturday. It's odd that my task list on Google now has so few things to do - it was very satisfying to check off each training run as I completed it.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:839 ft
Location:Dayton, OH, Elev. Gain:-3 ft
Date:04/25/10Up/Downhill: [+656/-659]
Time:09:58 AMDifficulty:3.2 / 5.0
 
Weather:Mostly Cloudy
 63 F temp; 89% humidity
 63 F heat index; winds SSW 10 mph
Performance

Distance: 6.01 miles
Time:0:58:31
Speed:6.2 mph
Pace:9' 44 /mi
Calories:609
Map
 

Posted from bimactive.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should give me tips on running... its so hard...have started bt its hard ting to keep going...