Sunday, May 27, 2007

Marathon

Everyone else has already posted about working a water station at the Prague Marathon a couple of weeks ago, but I decided to jump on the bandwagon anyway.

Bright and early on a Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago (really really early for Sunday--7:30 am!) I met up with Dot, Phil, and Chris about 5k from the beginning of the Prague Marathon. We didn't actually hand water to the runners, it was a gatorade-type beverage called Isostar. I hate that word now, because I said it literally at least 1000 times. I'm prone to exaggeration, but this number has not been exaggerated at all. From time to time, I would try to change my routine a bit. I described the Isostar in various ways, including "Poor man's Gatorade".


The rest of the Davis and Syvertsen families stopped by with some friends, so the runners had a makeshift cheering section toward the end of the race.

1 comment:

amber said...

I miss you, can't wait to see you and have you back stateside for a bit. My phone keeps wanting to call you, but no can do :-(. Less then a month though!!!