Monday, May 21, 2007

The Saga Continues . . .

Just when I thought it was safe to have clean clothes, Washer-Gate 2007 continues.

My roomie has guests coming in tomorrow, so we were cleaning up a bit around the flat tonight. We were washing some bedding for them to use while they are here, as we were all under the impression that the washer was working properly. I mean, it had been working since it was "fixed" last week, so we assumed that all was fine.

I guess that was our first mistake, cause you know what happens when you assume? You make an ass out of u and me. About 10-15 minutes after the cycle started, Alice walked into a kitchen with at least 2 inches of water covering the floor.


As you can see, we had a major flood. Alice quite helpfully took this picture while Angela and I were bailing out the kitchen before she jumped back in to help. It wasn't quite up to biblical proportions, but it sure felt like it to us! 8 full buckets of washer-water later, the floor was semi dry.

We sms'ed our landlord, who came downstairs to check things out, even though it was almost 11 at night. I think that the final diagnosis is that it is not shutting off when filling up, and overflows. So now we have a broken washer again, at least until a repairman comes to "fix" it again or we get a new one.

No comments: