Monday, June 11, 2007

Like a Visual Echo

This weekend (last weekend in May--sorry for the late post!) has been an interesting one, but mostly a beer-filled one. It seems that the more time I spend in the Czech Republic my beer consumption increases exponentially. When I first moved to Prague in September, I was not a beer drinker at all. I would maybe drink Corona or Blue Moon back home, but beer was not my first choice for an alcoholic beverage (always enjoyed in moderation!). Given the fact that when at a restaurant/pub/bar here in Prague, beer is the beverage that will give you the most value for your hard earned crowns (and the influence of beer-drinking friends), I can say that I am now a beer drinker. Mind you, I'm not a big beer drinker--one or two will do for me (add in the fact that they are served here in 1/2 liters), but a beer drinker nonetheless.

Case in point:

Friday night I met up with some colleagues from work at the Riegrovy Sady Beer Garden to indulge in a refreshing beverage after a long hot work week. I was there a couple of weeks ago with my roomies and Sunny, who blogged about it then.

That Saturday, I visited Pilzn to visit the Pilsner Urquell Brewery with some work colleagues. We had a nice time touring the brewery, learning more about Pilsner beer, and even got to taste some unfiltered/unpasteurized beer in the cellars underneath the brewery! It was a lot of fun.

Immediately following our train ride back to Prague, I met up with one of my roomies and her friends from Ireland for the Prague Fringe Festival at one of the local pubs in Vinohrady. They were here to perform in the Fringe Festival as "The Voice and The Verse."


The Voice & The Verse:
Bringing together four of Ireland's most exciting musicians and poets, ”The Voice and The Verse” is a montage of poignant lyrics and infectious melodies that promises not to disappoint
”Too damn good to miss” - The Village Voice, New York
”Major forces in the canon of contemporary Irish poetry” - The Galway Advertiser

No comments: