Tuesday, June 19, 2007

St. Patrick's Day (redux)

I can't believe that I haven't posted anything about my trip to Glasgow for the 2007 World Championships of Irish Dance (Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne) over Easter weekend in April. Last night, while showing my roomie how to transfer the pictures and videos she has taken with her digital camera to a computer, I was inspired to share the video I took while at the Worlds. As taking video/photos during competition was strictly verboten, I was surprised I actually got away with sneakily taking this video.

This is a ceili dance. (I don't know how accurate that wikipedia link is, so take it with a grain of salt.) It is called St. Patrick's Day, the very same dance my team took 3rd place in at the 2005 Midwestern Oireachtas. This team didn't qualify for a recall, but I did capture the entire dance. Enjoy!

No comments: