Saturday, June 23, 2007

United Islands of Prague

Tonight, Jay, Alice, and I went to the United Islands of Prague Music Festival to hear some fun music.

I know what you are thinking: Isn't the Czech Republic a landlocked country? Doesn't it follow that Prague shouldn't have islands?

To answer your questions, the Czech Republic is landlocked, but Prague is fortunate enough to have the Vlatava river flowing through the center of the city, and there are quite a few islands on the river.

We saw quite a few things while at the festival, not all of them music, but entertaining nonetheless. One of the bands we caught is a ska band from France, "Skarface." I managed to take a quick video of part of their performance. Unfortunately, I didn't have the best vantage point, and a tall guy started to move into my line of sight, so the video is a little short. It was a fun evening all around!

No comments: