Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Prague by Way of Dayton



This is what the train station (Hlavni Nadrazi) looks like at 6:15 in the morning. I took the train into Dresden to pick my parents and Margie & Mike up at the Dresden airport. My Mom & Dad's flight was delayed in the states, so they arrived at 1:30 instead of 8:30. I got into Dresden airport around 9:45, and made my way to the Arrivals gate. I wasn't sure when Margie & Mike's plan was landing, so I sat and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Eventually we caught up with each other. It turned out that their plane had landed before I got to the airport by about 10 minutes, and we just missed each other. We had been sitting on opposite sides of a barricade in the airport. Mom & Dad got in, we got the S-Bahn train back to the train station, and took the 3pm train back to Prague.

We got into Prague around 6pm, and hopped onto the metro first thing with our luggage during rush hour traffic. I'm sure that we were beloved by all. ;) By the time we made it to the Czech Inn, checked in, and had time to catch our breath, we were in no shape to go back out. We had dinner at the Czech Inn and an early night.




Thanks to everyone at the Czech Inn. It made the trip!

No comments: